Sunday, May 15, 2016

RFK Stadium (Washington Nationals)

This is a multi-purpose stadium of the Redskins and other professional teams where the Nationals used to play. The Nationals played here for their first three seasons (2005-2007). I attended one game in 2006. My older brother moved to Virginia for dental school and my Dad and I helped him drive out. We got to his place and had nothing to do. So we decided to drive up to D.C. to catch a Nats game.

They were giving out free Nationals visors, but we didn't arrive in time to snag any. We sat up in the right-center outfield seats and pounded a lot of sunflower seeds. It was an ok stadium, but not ideal for a baseball game as is the case with any multi-purpose stadium. Hopefully I'll get the chance to go to their nice, current stadium some day.

The only things I distinctly remember from the game was Rafael Soriano crushing a leadoff homer on the very first pitch he saw and seeing Trevor Hoffman record a save.

Here's the box:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260708120

2 comments:

  1. I can not believe everything you remember! Crazy! The Mariners games were super fun. Glad you could go with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember everything, just most things related to baseball I guess.

    ReplyDelete