Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles Dodgers)

I have been to one game at this stadium, back when I was a wee little guy. We sat up high down the first base side. I remember Tim "Rock" Raines hitting a homer for the Expos and Eddie Murray hitting a homer for the Dodgers. What I didn't remember, for some reason, is that Fernando Valenzuela pitched. Seems like that would be way obvious to remember. But I only learned it when I found the box score for this blog post.

And here is the box score:


I encourage you to look at the box score. There are several classic names that played in this game that will bring you down ole' memory lane.

2 comments:

  1. Fernando Valenzuela was perhaps my favorite pitcher of all time. I even could throw a bit of a screwball (broke maybe 6 inches if we're being generous). Plus how he'd always look up before he pitched. Didn't they have like some celebrity baseball game going on when we entered the stadium?

    That box score was well worth the read.

    I made it to Dodgers Stadium on my honeymoon. I got tickets near third base, about 20 rows up. There was a lingering smell of fish in the air, which was a bit distracting, but I was stoked that Kevin Brown was going for the Dodgers vs. the Pirates. After three pitches, the score was 2-0 Pirates with a guy on 2nd. Dodgers finally got a run on a passed ball late in the game to pull to within 9. I think the final score was 11-1, then Ange lost her wedding ring. Overall, a pretty crappy game. She ended up finding her ring after going through the garbage in the bathroom, so it was nice to be happy about something as we walked out of the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember very little about the game. Pretty much just the two homers, where we sat, and the yellow seats. I don't remember the celebrity baseball game.

    Your game experience sounds like the worst possible baseball game experience imaginable, other than finding the ring at the end.

    ReplyDelete