Sunday, March 20, 2016

Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals)

I have been to a game at this stadium once. It's a nice stadium and looks awesome from the freeway at night.

When my brother moved to Virginia for Dental School, he lured me in to help him drive across the country by showing me that we would be in Kansas City the same day the Bluejays were playing the Royals. It was a clever ploy. I went with my brother and my Pa.

My last blog post was about my first ever Jays game. This one was my second ever Jays game. It was during the same season. And as was my luck, Ty Taubenheim was again named the Jays starter. Ugh. So at that point I had only attended two Jays games ever and Ty Taubenheim started both of them. If you don't recognize the name Ty Taubenheim, it is probably because he only started nine games in his career. And I witnessed two of them. I've attended more Ty Taubenheim games than just about anyone ever.

This game was a dud. Just like how the Jays didn't have a baserunner until the 5th inning in my first game, they didn't get a baserunner until the 4th and were already down 4 - 0. The best part of this game was that the cheap tickets were really cheap and we sneakily sat down low on the fourth row right by first base. The stadium was nearly empty because the Royals hadn't become a trendy bandwagon team yet. The only cool things I remember from the game was a sweet diving catch by Eric Hinske in RF and a very, very deep homer from Vernon Wells to left in the ninth.

Here's the link to the box score:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260706107

No comments:

Post a Comment