Sunday, March 13, 2016

Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)

I  have been to this stadium one time. It was for my first ever Bluejays game. I was living in Utah still and convinced two "Rockies fan friends" to go with me (they are FINO's - Fans in name only - so I was surprised when they decided to come along).

When I picked up my friend in the wee early hours, his mom said, "That's an awful long way to drive for a little ball game." I drove the entire way there. I kept trying to tell my friends to sleep a little because I would need their help for the drive home (because we were driving right back home after the game). But instead they fought off sleep in order to contribute as little as possible for the drive home. On the way home I drove for a few hours and then switched. My next friend drove for a little more than an hour and then had to switch. Then the other friend drove for not even an hour and had to switch back to me. I then drove more than half of the rest of the way home. Thanks friends.

Anyway, we got to the game a few hours early and got to watch some BP. That was fun. We got super cheap seats up high in straight away center field. $4.00 seats I believe. Can't beat that. I'm sure those seats are much more expensive nowadays. It was a pretty rough game for the Jays. They got shut down hardcore by Jeff Francis. They didn't have anyone reach base until a leadoff walk in the top of the fifth. In the ninth, Alex Rios hit a double off the wall in left center that I thought for sure was a homer off the bat. Other than that, the only other highlight of the game was the Dad behind us giving sips of beer to his 4-year-old. Good old Coors Field. The lowlight was listening to my "FINO" friends cheering like they actually cared or knew anything about the players and team they were cheering for.

Another thing to mention about this game is that it was Ty Taubenheim's major league debut. He was the Jays starter who didn't do great but didn't really do too badly all things considered. He was saddled with the L though at the end of the day.

Here is a link to the box score:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260520127

No comments:

Post a Comment