Saturday, July 29, 2017

Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)

I went to a Nationals v. Mariners game with my fam back on May 23rd. It was my second Nationals home game, but the first one was at RFK Stadium. Thus, this was my first visit to Nationals Park. It is a very nice stadium. The picture above is the view from our seats. Sitting up high behind home plate is probably my favorite location at a stadium (other than down way close, obviously, but I don't shell out that kind of dough).

I got off work a bit early to head up to D.C. Below is a picture of our group:


It was a bit rainy and I was worried that there might be some rain delays. I can stick out a rain delay, but not sure that my youngsters can.  You'll notice from the picture at the beginning of the post that the grounds crew is spreading dry dirt on the infield. They did this between each half inning and were able to keep the field playable despite some puddles beginning to form at certain parts of the infield (I'm looking at you back part of the infield behind first base). By about the 4th or 5th inning the rain pretty much stopped and the rain delay was avoided. We had perfect seats because we were under the roof that is at the top of the stadium. So we stayed dry and were quite comfortable.

I was impressed with how much my kids actually watched the game. Mallory was super into it during the top of the first inning. She would scream super loud after almost every pitch. She was pretty excited to be at this game. Treats took over most of her attention, but she would still peak at the action every now and then.

It was a fun game. Nats opened the game up big in the 8-run 4th inning with several long balls, including a super deep one to center by Harper. Rendon had a great game. And Joe Ross was lights out; probably his best outing of the season. Nats ended up with the curly W, 10-1.

Here is a link to the box score that also contains video highlights: https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mariners-vs-nationals/2017/05/23/490783?#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490783

No comments:

Post a Comment